Personas help you to create reliable and realistic representations of your key customer segments. In this guide we cover:
To create a persona in TheyDo, go to the persona overview, and click on ‘new persona’. You will be able to save a persona once you give it a name.
When you create a new persona, it also creates a new card in the persona overview.
Every Persona has its own canvas where you can create and define them in more detail. The more depth you add, the better your teams will be able to empathize with your Personas. Here is an overview of the most important elements you can add:
These elements help you to define a Persona.
- Title – Give your persona a simple a name
- Header image – Add a visual to your persona
- Description – Add a description of your persona
- Categorization – Add a category to your persona. These categories are used to ‘group’ personas in TheyDo.
- Creator – TheyDo will timestamp the creation of a persona
- Color – Change the color of your persona.
- Comments – Use these at the bottom to @-mention or comment
Use these elements to add extra depth to your personas.
- Personality traits – Add traits you can score. Note that TheyDo does not currently support custom traits (yet).
- Interests – Add interest tags
- Brands – Add brands that the persona likes
- Needs – Add the most important needs
- Jobs – Add the most important customer jobs
- External Links – Add links to other places, for example to other dashboards
- External Files – Add documents to the persona, for example persona overviews or dashboard screenshots
Jochem, CEO TheyDo, explains that TheyDo, Journey Management and in the context of CX Management. He sees that need-based profiles or personas are one of the key ingredients to a good journey.
How can I add metrics and live data to my persona?
We are bringing your favorite data tools for CX and transactional metrics to TheyDo. See the Qualtrics integration.
How can I add more data than TheyDo’s input fields provide for?
To add even more insights, add extra attachments with PDFs or images of your personas, or link to more elaborate personas in your database.
“What have been some of your experiences as you’ve both helped and seen companies use this mindset, shifting their approach?““In large organisations there’s already a ton of work done on this. The first thing we needed their teams to do was consolidate all their information and data (cleaning their room). Once a bunch of journeys are mapped out (relevant and irrelevant), what do we have left, that is the place to start? What is the end goal and framework we need to work in?”